15.1.11

Trying my hand – Fafi style

Believe it or not, doodling can be a lot like baking. Looking at a delectable piece of sweetness may make me think "ooh, I think I know how they did that", but actually following the recipe leads me to think "ooh, I certainly know how they did that!"
Click for full size view
This is a little sketch I did in Fafi's style (see my previous post for more on her). I'd love to colour this properly one day as Fafi's palette is so bright and fun – unlike the colours I'd typically go for! And, from this point on, I thought it would be cool to follow up every inspiration piece with one of my own attempting their style. It's certainly a great way to learn. For instance, I like the nose and lips in this pic, so I might like to use those elements in future drawings.

No comments:

Post a Comment