9.2.11

Trying my hand – Skottie Young style

Freakin' finally! Took me long enough. I've learned that Skottie Young's style is not something that comes naturally to me... but hey, I learned a bunch, and that's what it's all about.
Click for full view
It took me forever to pick a scene to draw. I was so eager to start that I would just begin doodling without knowing exactly what I was doing (unless you like running into dead ends, do not do this, people!). I wanted to draw a dude since, well, I never do, so that was another hurdle. And for some reason I chose to draw a night scene, which was silly as the whole reason I picked Skottie Young was because I wanted to try his bright, pastelly colour palette (d'oh!). All in all though, I'm happy with the end result... and I gotta say, using Ben's Cintiq to paint with sure was fun!

4 comments:

  1. COol! Its good and clear. It all feels right :) Well done! Yay for dry textures and keeping the edges rough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bub, and yay for Cintiq's! Gotta get out of the habit of reaching for the mouse, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luc, this is AWESOME! Your both so sickeningly talented. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Rach, glad you liked it! :3

    ReplyDelete