24.8.12

SWEET THREADS

I'm sure there's plenty of cute clothing places in Auckland, but truth be known, I really suck at clothing shopping. This doesn't mean I don't love that feeling you get when you slide into a new outfit and feel a million bucks – I love that feeling! I just don't feel that very often because, well, shopping for clothes just isn't my thing. Luckily there are a few shops out there like ModCloth where pretty much any item I see is a winner in my books.

Now that my hair is black (whoopsy!), I find that I'm spending more and more time with my head in the wadrobe, looking for things that doesn't turn me into a complete goth. I own a lot of dark clothing. When my hair was blonde or red, I found that I could get away with wearing dimmer garments because I had something to brighten up my outfit. Not so much now – so I'm looking at some bright beauties to even things out. Even when I dye my hair again and don't have to avoid the Morticia Addams look, it'd still be nice to have some light airy pieces to wear! What's your verdict on ModCloth? I'm hoping my wardrobe will change from the 'black trap' it is at the moment!

4 comments:

  1. Modcloth is great. When I first started ordering from them, their shipping was very, very expensive, so I would only order one or two things a year. Now they've introduced much cheaper and faster shipping options - I bought some saltwater sandals the other day and they arrived within a week and only cost $12US to send. Way better than the $30+ most US online stores offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that's good news. Especially since my shopping cart on their site is pretty much bulging. It's always a bit of a gamble shopping online – I've got my fingers crossed the sizings will be orright!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to see them! I'm still too nervous to shop online since I can try 20 things on in a shop, and only take 2 home with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I've had issues buying online like that before... But there's always TradeMe :)

      Delete