1.5.11

¡Estupendo, -a! Conrad Roset!

My grandma loves painting with watercolours, and recently she gave me some of her old books on the subject. I've been wanting to dabble more with watercolours since my woman of the wood attempt. Well amigos, I sure found some inspiration! Meet Conrad Roset – a Spanish illustrator who’s also a teacher at the School of Design in Barcelona.
© Conrad Roset
In this series entitled ‘Cosas Intimas' (meaning 'Intimate Things'), he adds random splashes of colour to his beautiful illustrations. What might seem like a mistake gives it that finishing touch. The figures that feature in the series have been described as "cheekily dar[ing] the observer; defiantly holding his gaze, so aware of their disquieting power, and displaying all their charms in a delicious multicolor explosion." Vamanos!

No comments:

Post a Comment