25.5.11

Made for Mama

They've had to wipe our butts, deal with our tantrums and make many school lunches – ah yes, the joys of motherhood. I reckon every mum deserves at least one day dedicated to them for enduring these 'joys', so when mother's day rolled around earlier in the month, Ben and I wanted to do something special. Most kids like to give their mum's a break on mother's day, whether it be helping out around the house, drumming up a slightly burnt breakfast in bed, or do something my sister Tessa specializes in – moisturizer drenched foot rubs. But since Ben and I don't live with our dear mama's anymore, we found a way to give them a break in a different way. We created a break kit. A tea break kit, to be precise.
A tea break in a jar – adorable!
Ben prepared the jars, which needed a nice coat of white spraypaint on the lids. I baked the treats – some delicious apricot and coconut cookies, courtesy of Donna Hay. Then we both made a wax seal on the lid (thanks for letting us borrow the wax gear Lauren!) and wrote on our teabag tags. Voila! A simple, inexpensive and fun way to give our ma's a tea break. And yes, they loved 'em!

4 comments:

  1. Robin26.5.11

    Beautifully presented....and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, glad you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Luc! When I have a daughter your going to have to show her this (in 10+ years time:P). You could make so many variatations, like milo and marshmellows etc aswell... I Love looking at your blog, ALWAYS so inspiring, Get's my creative juices flowing! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, shucks! Yes there's so many things you could do, I like the idea of a hot choc with marshmallows... could be a real winter's gift :) Deeeeeelish!

      Delete