27.6.11

It's classic – it's Clamp

I'm a bit of a fan of girls kicking ass, so it's no surprise that I have a soft spot for the Japanese artist group Clamp. This all girl group formed in the 1980s with much of the manga they create translating into anime. I must have been about 14 years old when I devoured the first season of Cardcaptor Sakura, subbed in all its Engrish glory. I thought it would be fun to take an element of this series for my next illustration project!
© Clow
Cardcaptor Sakura is about 10 year old Sakura and her adventures after she accidentally releases a set of magical cards called Clow Cards. Each card has its own personality and characteristics and can be activated to use it's unique traits. I thought it might be a bit of fun to make my own Clow Card... now to decide what the personality of the card will be!

3 comments: